Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) is a comprehensive system of healthcare that is over 2,000 years old. Using ancient diagnostic techniques, including tongue and pulse, the five elements, and 4 principles, a unique pattern of disharmony is identified. An individualized treatment plan is then created to address the initial symptom of concern, with the goal of restoring health and preventing disease.
TCM techniques include:
- Acupuncture- The painless insertion of thin sterile needles into specific points on the body to treat disease and maintain health. In TCM theory the insertion of needles affects qi flow to different organs and tissues. This enables us to bring more nourishment to areas that are deficient and to drain areas that are excessive. Western science demonstrates that the insertion of needles affects our central nervous, circulatory, and endocrine systems with the result of decreasing inflammation and easing pain.
- Chinese Herbal Medicine- The Chinese herbal pharmacopeia includes hundreds of different herbs that are combined into formulas and taken as a decoction. Using Evergreen herbs, we provide safe, tested, quality internal herbs in powder form as well as capsules. External herbs and compresses are also available.
- Cupping and Scraping- These are traditional Chinese techniques that are used to increase the qi andblood flow to stagnant tissue.
- Moxibustion/TDP lamp- The use of moxa (mugwort) or infrared heat to enhance the overall effect of acupuncture by warming the meridians to move qi and blood, tonify deficiency, or relieve pain
The World Health Organization recognizes acupuncture as a system of primary health care effective for issues such as:
- Ear, nose throat disorders; sinusitis, rhinitis, earaches, or toothaches.
- Respiratory disorders; cold, bronchitis, asthma, allergies
- Gastrointestinal disorders; nausea, heartburn, diarrhea, constipation, colitis
- Circulatory disorders; hypertension, high cholesterol, angina
- Urogenital disorders; cystitis, incontinence, prostatitis
- Gynecological disorders; PMS, endometriosis, dysmenorrhea, menopause
- Musculoskeletal disorders; low back pain, arthritis, sciatica, carpal tunnel, fibromyalgia
- Neurological disorders; headache, migraine, neuralgia, post stroke,
- Psychoemotional disorders; depression, anxiety, insomnia, stress
Acupuncture visit including diagnosis and treatment $100
Matt is a participating provider for BCBS, Cigna, Harvard Pilgrim, Aetna, United Healthcare, and theVeterans Administration. Please review your own coverage for information regarding deductible and copay.