Policies During COVID-19
During this challenging time, we ask for your patience as requirements and recommendations evolve and procedures may change without notice. We will follow guidelines put forth by the Maine CDC and stay in communication with other professionals in our industries about best safety practices. Please don’t hesitate to reach out with any requests or questions.
What to expect during your visit to New Meadows Healing Arts
- Please arrive no more than 5 minutes before your appointment. Please wait outside and call or text (207)613-6167 so we can make sure our small waiting area is clear for each person coming and going.
- Please arrive at your appointment wearing a well fitting face mask, either surgical grade or multi-layers of cotton. Please no bandanas or neck gaiters. If you do not have a mask we are happy to give you a disposable one upon arrival.
- Please wash your hands or use hand sanitizer when you arrive.
- If this is your first visit to New Meadows Healing Arts you will be asked to fill out a health questionnaire as well as a COVID-19 liability waiver. Upon each subsequent visit you will be asked screening questions before your appointment.
In the time leading up to your appointment, please keep in mind you will be asked the following questions regarding the two weeks prior to your appointment. Your honesty is deeply appreciated.
- Have you traveled out of Maine to any states that require 14 day quarantine or negative Covid-19 test results upon return? Please bring a copy of any recent negative test results.
- Do you now, or have you recently had, any respiratory or flu symptoms (including chills, muscle ache, dry cough, sore throat or shortness of breath)?
- Have you had a fever of 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit or above?
- Have you recently lost your sense of taste or smell?
- Have you had any contact with anyone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19 or has these symptoms?
Additional Policies and information related to COVID-19 and bodywork
- Due to the highly contagious nature of COVID-19 and the impossibility of physical distancing with physical therapies like acupuncture and massage therapy, it is not recommended to receive treatment at this time if you are in any of the high risk groups designated by the CDC for severe illness with COVID-19: those over the age of 65, those with diabetes, respiratory, heart, liver or kidney conditions, those who are severely obese, and those with compromised immune systems.
- Although we will do everything possible to reduce the risk of transmission of COVID-19, ultimately you need to make your own educated choice about when to receive treatment. Before your treatment please sign a COVID-19 liability waiver that will be provided to you before your treatment or at the time of your appointment.
- Face coverings will be required.
- Cancellation fees will be waived at this time for all illness or exposure related reasons. If you develop symptoms before your appointment or if you are exposed to someone who develops symptoms, please reschedule. We will likewise cancel appointments for these reasons, if necessary.
Additional steps in safety protocols at New Meadows Healing Arts
- All touched surfaces will be sanitized and disinfected between each client visit.
- Additional time will be allotted between clients to allow for thorough cleaning and disinfection.
- Air flow and ventilation will be improved with the use of air purifiers, fans and opening windows whenever possible.
- All bodywork and massage surfaces will be encased in protective coverings that will be disinfected between each treatment (in addition to fresh sheets, pillowcases and blankets).
- Your acupuncturist or massage therapist will be wearing a mask face covering during your entire treatment.
- If your acupuncturist or massage therapist is feeling unwell in any way or experiencing any flu-like symptoms, your appointment will be rescheduled.
- If you’d like additional information regarding all cleaning protocols please don’t hesitate to ask.